PRESTIGE COLLEGE BOARDING – OVERVIEW
Prestige College offers accommodation to learners from grade 5 to matric. We strive to create a secure and caring Christian environment in which children can thrive and which promotes independence and personal discipline, not only on the academic side, but on all levels of their development.
Guardians act in loco parentis with parents to ensure that children are well-cared for. Even though we encourage learners to go home for Exeat weekends, we fully understand that parents who live far from school cannot always drive to school and back for a weekend and therefore we always have staff on duty, supervising learners who remain at Residence during weekends.
Residence staff regularly check books to ensure that learners are up to date with homework and see teachers when they have cause for concern. Good communication with parents ensures a situation of trust between parents, learners and guardians.
Our aims are:
- To have Christian principles.
- To do all in our ability to ensure the children’s safety on the premises.
- To educate the children on basic good manners.
- To teach the children to have self-discipline.
- To give the children adequate time to study as well as to socialise.
- To provide the children with good, balanced meals.
- To make sure that staff members are adequately trained to enable them to help in
their all-round development.
- To develop children’s leadership and communicative abilities.
- To create a pleasant home for the children where they can feel secure and welcome.